Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisb361  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:37:20 PM(UTC)
chrisb361

Groups: Registered

HI our Kenmore oven is giving us the above error code, and we cant use our Oven, but it lets us use the Stove, luckily....the model sticker says 1998 Household Cooking Appliances, we might have bought it around that time, I do not remember , of course, we can not afford a new oven right now, who can! any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You
Christine
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:36:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Christine,

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered on time. Although, it's probably too late to help you, I'm posting the answer anyway, so that it may help other people with a similar problem.

According to the tech sheet, the error code "F!-E3" means "fuel type select failure".

Verify fuel type using Start/Enter key.Press the key for 5 seconds or until fuel type is displayed. The first digit in the time display should read either "9" or "E". Your oven is gas, so "9" should be displayed. If it displays "E", replace the control board.

Disconnect power from the range for a few minutes. Re-apply power and repeat the previous step. If fuel type changed since last power up, replace the control board.

- The control board Part number: AP3153170
Part number: AP3153170

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply