Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
knitr54  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:44:34 PM(UTC)
knitr54

Groups: Registered

Hi, just wondering if anyone has a source for manuals, instructions or advice on how to run a Litton Microwave Generation II, built in 1984? My husband found it as an upgrade for my 1977 Litton Microwave which did not have nearly as many buttons, but is showing its age in the interior. Any help would be appreciated. Both still seem to work fine, but the interior of my first and so far only new microwave has a bit of rust on the bottom where the door opens. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

des2059  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:33:48 PM(UTC)
des2059

replacing my litton gen II. Select the 'Time' button and then enter amt of time (in minutes) to cook. These are very powerful microwaves as the cook things really quick so, experiment. It uses full power unless you select a lower power. All the years I've had mine I either use full power or deforst setting. Example to select Defrost, Select time by pressing 5 and 0 twice for 5:00 minutes then press the #3 for defrost and hit Start.
It is a very basic microwave. Really do not want to get rid of it except it takes up too much space on the counter and it is fairly heavy compared to today's microwaves. I'm sure any microwaves built today will not last as long as these Litton GEN II.
knitr54  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:44:37 PM(UTC)
knitr54

Hi and thanks. Do you use the auto menu part of your microwave for example the settings that are posted inside the top front door for auto defrost, auto cook etc? That is the part of how to run it I am mostly confused about. It says Zone 7 and we can't seem to get it to autoprogram to say 41 or 32, it always goes back to zone 7. It does heat and seem to cook very well, just don't know how to get to the rest of what it does. My old Litton had none of these auto features but did have the various power settings and still does work very well, just my husband found this one at a thrift store for $7.50 and since it was in great shape, we bought it. Yes, indeed, it does weigh a ton just like my first Litton, but you are right, it was made in the USA, which I value. Thanks again, any other tips you have would be greatly appreciated.
KBA1625  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 10, 2010 10:33:38 AM(UTC)
KBA1625

It's a year old, but if you still want the manual, please let me know. I'm replacing my LIttonaire Gen II this week and have the manual and installation guide from 1988.
damonent  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 5:27:49 AM(UTC)
damonent

Hi, so you still have info on Litton Go Anywhee Micro Wave? I have pristine onder (1988) unit with no spec plate on it. It is installed in older boat and I want to run with inverter. If you have info, I need the Max Wattage spec to see if we have enough power to run it. Also if anyone knows, can this unit run OK on modified sine wave power?
rcbalch  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 8:40:17 AM(UTC)
rcbalch

I have a Litton Gen 2 microwave that I picked up at a yard sale for free at the end of the day. My thanks to des2059 for general operation procedure. I had been trying to set the power level first and that did not work.

Does anyone know how to set the clock? I tried several ways and some other time got set and I could not change it.

For the boat owner, damonent, My unit states that it uses 13 amps at 120 volts, which should be 1560 watts. I'd think that you'd want an inverter that can deliver a minimum of 1600 watts or 1800 watts preferably.
roxport  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:09:44 PM(UTC)
roxport

Litton-Aire Generation II Microwave

For regular use:
Press TIME
Enter the amount of time
Press START
This will be for HI power (default)

If you want another POWER LEVEL (like WARM, WARMER, DEFROST, … TIMER):
Press TIME
Enter the amount of time
Press POWER LEVEL
Enter the number for the desired power level, for instance:
1 WARM, 2 WARMER, 3 DEFROST … 0 TIMER
Press START

To change the CLOCK (time of the day)
Press CLOCK
Press Change/Cancel button 1 time
Enter the time
Press START

If you press CLOCK then Change/Cancel button 2 times, it will clear out the CLOCK time.
#8 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2023 12:37:59 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm trying to master reset my litton generation 2 any information on that
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2023 10:05:52 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
E gustaría poder recibir el manual de mí BGH litton 2 generación ya qe.lo regalaron y no se cómo usarlo es hermoso está impecable sería de gran ayuda 🆘
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply