Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
servicedevice  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:43:00 PM(UTC)
servicedevice

Groups: Registered

Hi--
I need to replace the cold control (AP3084361) on my Roper. I do know from long, dragged-out past experience that that is what the problem is. But last time a repairman did it, and I of course would rather do it myself this time. I have the part, and I see from the diagram that I need to take off the box housing the unit by unscrewing it from the roof of the fridge (at least I think that's all I have to do to get at it). Just unscrew and have at it, right? Except it's not a normal screw, it has a bolt-like nut for a head (part AP3133440, 2nd pic shows what I mean better) and it's recessed several inches deep inside a hole not much bigger than the screw head itself. So my question is mainly, what tool do I need to get that thing out of there? But if there is anything tricky I need to know about replacing the cold control once I do get it off (apart from making sure that wire thing is positioned just like it was on the one I am replacing), I would appreciate knowing that as well. Thanks so much...
Andy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:52:42 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

Quote:
Except it's not a normal screw, it has a bolt-like nut for a head (part AP3133440, 2nd pic shows what I mean better) and it's recessed several inches deep inside a hole not much bigger than the screw head itself. So my question is mainly, what tool do I need to get that thing out of there?

A 1/4" or 5/16" nut drive

Quote:
But if there is anything tricky I need to know about replacing the cold control once I do get it off (apart from making sure that wire thing is positioned just like it was on the one I am replacing), I would appreciate knowing that as well. Thanks so much...

Just unplug the refrigerator first. ;)
servicedevice  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:05:15 PM(UTC)
servicedevice

Groups: Registered

Ah, thanks so much...sorry to throw you such a softball!
ApplianceJunk  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:08:03 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Your welcome, glad I could help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply