Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Settle5  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 7:26:37 AM(UTC)
Settle5

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile double oven. We've had some power bumps in our area and I discovered that the clock no longer keeps accurate time and the lower oven has stopped working all together. The control panel goes to 100 degrees as if it's going to heat up, but never moves off 100 and the oven is stone cold.
The cooktop and upper oven work fine. In researching the problem, it was suggested that it might be a fuse. GE says there is no fuse for my oven. I see "relay" and "lower oven relay board" as possibilites, but I'm not sure what to order. The board is very expensive so I want to be sure. In looking on the repair forum, no one quite has the same problem, but some others' posts lead me to believe it's the relay board. Does the lower oven relay board control the clock also?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.