Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AngieAH  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 12:28:08 PM(UTC)
AngieAH

Groups: Registered

My washer has gone mad! It first started out it would stop after wash cycle and would not drain unless I lifted the lid several times. I bypassed the lid switch to see if that was the problem. Not! It continued to stop after wash cycle and I could press the start button twice and it would drain and continue cycle. I then could unplug it for the 2 minute reset time as on manual and press start and it would allow 2 washes then would have to be reset again. Would on at least one of the washes stop after washing when its supposed to drain like before, I replaced the pump, worked great for 2 washes, after these washes the start button blinks and it will do nothing unless I unplug again for the 2 min reset. Can someone help me with this? I will never buy another GE, I just replaced 2 months ago the key pad on my oven and now this grimlin has come to haunt me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 12:51:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem with your washer is a bad control board.

- The part number for the control assembly is AP3187284

- Here are the break down diagrams for the GE washer Model WPSB8060B0WW

Good luck.
Gene.

P.S. It does not matter who made it. It could happen to any computerized appliance.
AngieAH  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 1:16:09 PM(UTC)
AngieAH

Groups: Registered

Thanks Gene, order'd the part. I have to say I have had more than my share of problems with GE, my cooktop, my frig, wall oven and now my washer. I do believe when these are dead its time for a change. I've heard LG is good what are your thoughts? Also will not get anything with key/touchpads! Going back to basics.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 1:26:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
LG appliances are good as long as nothing breaks. In most cases the service could be provided by an authorized technician only and if you are in a small town it could be a serious problem. And if you are going back to basics then LG is not for you.

Happy Holidays.

Gene.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 4:20:54 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In a lot of appliance electronic pc boards they use small undersized relays and triacs that just don't last.
I am very impressed with the Whirlpool front loader washers, nice heavy duty relays and electronics that don't fail often.