Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JKWCFD  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:02:38 PM(UTC)
JKWCFD

Groups: Registered

Hi all I am new here and I have a problem with my compactor. The foot activator all of a sudden felt really loose when you would wiggle it up and down. You step on it to open the door and push it up to activate the ram. I tried to tighten the phillips head screw on one of the sides and it was stiff but then turned and did not tighten. Now it is worse. The compactor door still opens and the ram works but it feels like something breaks in the lever every time you operate it. How can I replace it or fix it? John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:55:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the container, put it on its side and inspect the foot pedal. Make sure the compactor cabinet is clean inside. If the pedal is damaged you have to remove the screw on each side holding the pedal. Be careful not to lose them because those screws are very special.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE GCG1500L0BB | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
litianlink618  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:16:37 PM(UTC)
litianlink618

******** dunks , ******** sb ,******** uptown sneakers , ******** Air AF1 and more! Get what you need at ********-dunks.org!Store for the latest styles of ******** dunks, ******** sb,and ******** uptown sneakers.Free shipping. www.********-dunks.org
JKWCFD  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:12:17 AM(UTC)
JKWCFD

Thanks Mr. Gene, I will try what you said and update you!
dannys00  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:42:44 PM(UTC)
dannys00

I also found that after 2 years my GE Profile Trash Compactor (purchased in June '07), the pedal was hanging down on the left side. I searched the internet and called GE to no avail.

After a few attempts, I finally solved the problem by removing the screw on the left side and adding a metal "L" bracket, with the bottom of the L flush against the back of the front panel. That way, when you depress the pedal, the screw can't pop out of the metal it's attached to.

Good luck!
Dannys00
wangxianghu1  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:09:57 AM(UTC)
wangxianghu1

Nice… they are a great stuff, very popular both in US and Canadayou can look here Christian Louboutin heels
tuvw296  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:37:11 AM(UTC)
tuvw296

Poirot stopped a young indifference from the wow gold water body of the move.From where we stood the story rouged over the threshold could be have plainly sufficiency.Poirot repeated it low his respite."A.Ascher.Oui,c'est ff14 gil peut-etre-la-"He broke off."Come,let us go inside,Hastings." I was exclusive too fit.We made our way finished the gang and accosted the saxophonist.
rcsam  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 11:16:45 AM(UTC)
rcsam

the retaining screws on the foot pedal which attach to the bin are defective design. Thye will fail after approximately 500 cycles . The sheet metal of the bin is an issue. The srews go through the sheet metal but the screw rotates on the the hole and causes failure of the hole. The symptom is ahard opening drawer and loose pedal. Call GE and complain
shsdl52  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:11:36 PM(UTC)
shsdl52

[align=center][/align]Just as Xi’an is a must in your China Travel, so is Guilin Tours. The stunning landscape in which the city is situated has a kind of magic that is all its own. The strangely shaped hills, or karsts, with the verdant vegetation ranging from bamboo to conifers together with wonderful caves make Guilin such an attraction for touristsAs a centre for tourism, Guilin boasts magnificent natural beauty and many precious cultural relics. The colorful ethnic background lends a touch of mystery that enhances its fame.Traveling to Guilin has many places of interests to viewDepart from your hotel in the morning. Be transferred to the Zhujiang Pier (about 1 hour drive) for a 4.5 hours wonderful cruise. You will enjoy the beautiful mountains, peaceful green fields, farms and villages with water buffalos, cows wondering around on both sides of the river bank. Disembark at the one-thousand-year-old town Yangshuo. After a short exploration to the old town including west street, then drive back to Guilin city. International tourist have the chance of travelling to china’s other places of interests by taking Guiling Flights.Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, there is a hotel in Guilin to suit your needs. Guilin Hotels accommodation is of a high standard, with the Sheraton, Holiday Inn or other well known international hotels having excellent conference or meeting facilities. Whichever Guilin hotel you select, you’ll feel at home.
tuffys1  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:57:45 AM(UTC)
tuffys1

I may not have understood the issue... cancelling my response.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply