Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tom o  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:37:15 AM(UTC)
tom o

Groups: Registered

First post, awesome website! Have read other posts, you guys do a great job, thank you.

E6 F2 codes displayed intermittently with random beeping on my nearly 10 year old whirlpool gold 30 inch built in double oven convection upper, self clean Gold line, black and stainless unit. Model number GBD307PDS7. Cycled circuit breaker, no help. Control display is blank. Switch to activate oven light and light its self work fine.

Question is, based on what I see in the parts section of your website:

1. Do I need to replace the control board in the back of the display, part number AP3767567?, or,

2. Does the control panel assembly w/ membrane switch black, part number AP3043893, need to be replaced? ...or is it both?

3. Lastly, this unit is built in to the wall, it is heavy but should slide out with some effort. How do I gain access to the back of the control assembly to do the repair?

Thank you very much - have a great day!

Tom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 6:15:48 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GBD307PDS7 BUILT-IN OVEN, ELECTRIC | AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

And finally here is a service manual which should help with your repair.
KR-30 Whirlpool Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Questions 1 and 2.[/COLOR]
Cannot say. This type of a problem can be either the control board or the control panel (keypad).
They do not publish the pin-outs for the keys so it is hard to figure out which it is.
If pushing the Cancel key does anything then I would try the control board first.
If pushing the Cancel key does nothing then try the control panel first.
Still a crap shoot but your odds are a little better.
In any case I would try the following before ordering anything.
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Question 3.[/COLOR]
The manual should help with this.
File Attachment(s):
GBD307.pdf (330kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
RSiegel  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:35:59 AM(UTC)
RSiegel

Groups: Registered

Hi Tom,

I have the same issue with my Whilpool Gold Double Oven. Did you fix the control panel or control board?

Thanks,
RSiegel