Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
speedyox  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:16:23 PM(UTC)
speedyox

Groups: Registered

My LG dishwasher (LDF7811BB) reported a "te" error the other day. I tracked down the service manual and followed the troubleshooting steps for "te" error which includes a resistance check of the thermistor. It was Open-Circuit (instead of ~12KOhms) so I assume that is my problem. When I do a search for the thermistor part number,
M083 THERMISTOR ASSEMBLY 6323DD3001A

A couple suppliers list the Heater assembly as a substitute part.
[URL="http://www.************************.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element/5301DD1001G/1582252?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=6323DD3001A"][/URL]M081 HEATER ASSEMBLY 5301DD1001A

Does that sound right?

I don't want to spend $60 on parts I don't need. Unfortunately, the Thermistor isn't shown on the exploded drawing so I don't know where it is-- I'll just have to follow the Red and blue wires from the PCB.

Separately, the thermistor worked correctly for a few minutes while I was diagnosing it-- It read ~13KOhms; the test mode correctly reported water temp; and I was able to run a quick rinse cycle but then it failed again (open circuit) and won't come back to life. Is it normal for thermistors to fail intermittently like this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:42:34 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts.
Replacement parts for LDF7811BB models | AppliancePartsPros.com

I believe the part you want is Item F022 in Section 2.
Click on it's pictures to get more views.

The manual I downloaded did not list a M083.
It did show M087 as a soil sensor.

One thing does concern me is that the above part has a white wire and the wiring diagram in the manual does not show this.

It is not common for the thermistor to go intermittent but that does not mean it cannot happen.
I would check the connectors especially where the wires are crimped on as it is common to have problems in these. Also check that they are clean.
Perhaps clean them with some electronics contact cleaner just be sure all the solvent has evaporated before reconnecting.

Note: I have never worked on one of these so the above involves some guessing.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
speedyox  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:13:04 PM(UTC)
speedyox

I took most of the dishwasher apart this evening to check where the thermistor is for certain.

It is in fact part of the heating element assembly and technically could be sold separately, but evidently isn't. F022 is the electrical portion of a flow meter used in some assembly on the side of the dishwasher.

Unfortunately, I still don't have a definite answer on what my problem is. The thermistor seemed to be working fine when I got to it. The contacts were clean and tight and everything looked good but once I got the whole dishwasher put back together and got the power back on, the te code was still there and the thermistor wires at the PCB end of the wiring harness were open circuit. So, my thermistor is either intermitent, or I have an intermittent break in one of the wires which would be unusual for stranded wire. I'm going to take everything apart again tomorrow and check for continuity in the wiring harness and replace the thermistor wires if necessary. If that doesn't fix it, I'll order the heating element assembly that includes the thermistor.
speedyox  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2011 10:33:01 AM(UTC)
speedyox

Problem solved. The red wire between PCB and Thermistor was broken and buried in the black gummy insulation in the door. Another wire nearby was partially cut through so it looks like this was a manufacturing defect (something sharp came in contact with this wiring harness.). I dug the offending wires out of the black goo and spliced them back together. Done.
ApplianceJunk  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2011 10:38:25 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Seems to be a common problem with LG dishwashers and broken wires.
Anschutz  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2021 2:43:31 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I realize this thread is from 10 or so years ago, however just wanted to express my thanks to the original poster. I was on the exact same path with the same LG dishwasher. After spending a few hours trying to locate the thermistor I came to the same conclusion that it's part of the heating element.

Thermistor and element both tested fine with the ohmmeter. LG service manual led me to believe it was an issue with the main board. After seeing your post I went back and checked the continuity of the wire from mainboard to the thermistor.

Sure enough the red thermistor wire embedded in the black soundproofing material was broken. After prying it loose, re-soldering, heat shrink wrap for protection and reassembling it now runs with no error codes. I never would have thought to check the wire continuity had it not been for your post. I'd buy you a beer if I knew where you live!

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by: speedyox Go to Quoted Post
My LG dishwasher (LDF7811BB) reported a "te" error the other day. I tracked down the service manual and followed the troubleshooting steps for "te" error which includes a resistance check of the thermistor. It was Open-Circuit (instead of ~12KOhms) so I assume that is my problem. When I do a search for the thermistor part number,
M083 THERMISTOR ASSEMBLY 6323DD3001A

A couple suppliers list the Heater assembly as a substitute part.
[URL="http://www.************************.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element/5301DD1001G/1582252?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=6323DD3001A"][/URL]M081 HEATER ASSEMBLY 5301DD1001A

Does that sound right?

I don't want to spend $60 on parts I don't need. Unfortunately, the Thermistor isn't shown on the exploded drawing so I don't know where it is-- I'll just have to follow the Red and blue wires from the PCB.

Separately, the thermistor worked correctly for a few minutes while I was diagnosing it-- It read ~13KOhms; the test mode correctly reported water temp; and I was able to run a quick rinse cycle but then it failed again (open circuit) and won't come back to life. Is it normal for thermistors to fail intermittently like this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :)