Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buzz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:22:59 AM(UTC)
buzz

Groups: Registered

Two oven, electric, wall mounted unit. Upper oven bake heater element does not heat. Removed element and examined for burnout (have replaced elements in the past). Bake element OK. Checked voltage of element wires when element removed, turned to bake and voltage showed only about 15v. Broiler element heats fine. Lights on control panel light but oven never reaches temperature and temperature light does not go out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
This seems like a great site for us do-it-yourselfers.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:40:36 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

if you can slide out the oven slightly with power off, you can find a wiring diagram.. more than likely you are only getting 110vac to one leg of the element ... Need to determine where you are getting the electricity from and which leg you are losing 110vac ... need to check which color wire you are getting 110vac .. check each leg to ground and that will tell you which wire is "hot" and which is not .. when you determine which one is not "hot", follow wire back to either a safety t-stat or relay board .. ( be careful as working with live electricity is not easy ) .. remember to check wires to elements with the wires off the elements . .. i have needle nose vise grips that i use to hold the wires so that i dont let the wires ground out ..
buzz  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:40:06 AM(UTC)
buzz

Groups: Registered

Thanks< Jim, will work on it this weekend.
Buzz
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply