Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
msakowski  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 5:05:42 AM(UTC)
msakowski

Groups: Registered

I have an Amana dryer, model number NDE5805AYW and the seal cylinder came partially out and got tangled and ripped. I ordered your part shown at this link ( Part AP4046563 made by WHIRLPOOL ) but I see that the old seal used adhesive. I inserted the new seal already - it easily tucked into place. A photo is shown below.

Do I need adhesive for this new seal? If so, could you please give me the correct part number?

Thanks,
Mike
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

msakowski  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 6:04:26 AM(UTC)
msakowski

I will add that the seal that I tucked in place seems firmly in place as is. What makes me think that adhesive is not needed is that other dryer seals shown on this site came with adhesive included. The seal I ordered did not have adhesive included.
Legend in Your Mind  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 10:14:01 AM(UTC)
Legend in Your Mind

Unless someone else says differently that adhesive i believe is there just to temporarily hold it in place. The heat it would seem would melt it off eventually anyway. A friend of mine never glued or put them on with adhesive, but he was a shade tree type mechanic anyway. ;)
msakowski  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 12:01:25 PM(UTC)
msakowski

Thanks for the info LIYM - that helps to know that someone put these on without the glue. We have been using the dryer for a day now with the felt ring as it is. No problems. Seems like it is form fit to stay in place without the glue. I might order another seal just to have it on hand.
Legend in Your Mind  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:58:15 PM(UTC)
Legend in Your Mind

If it comes lose you might want to try some rubber cement to just hold it in place long enough to hang the drum in there.. To the best of my knowledge that's what the adhesive does and i could be wrong. I'm not certified in this by any stretch so I'm just going by past experience.. ;)
Good luck
MyNameIsLegion  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 12:23:57 AM(UTC)
MyNameIsLegion

Don't use flammable cements.

The fact that it came loose in the first place suggests that it needs an adhesive. The makers use a high-heat adhesive... you can too.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply