Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shoomake  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 7:06:34 PM(UTC)
shoomake

Groups: Registered

I have a kenmore elite calypso that was given to me 3 years ago. It has worked like a dream ever since i have had it. When i moved, I put it in storage where it stayed for about a year and a half. I just recently purchased a new home and got my calypso out of storage and hooked it up. I ran it for a test cycle to clean it out since it has been sitting up. After the cycle ended, the control panel would not work at all. No buttons worked, no lights, no sounds, nothing. I opened the lid, and pushed the agitator around and the control panel suddenly began to work again. It worked for one complete wash cycle, and the control panel was dead again. This time I just left it alone, and came back the next day and it was fine. It worked for one complete cycle again and the control panel would not work anymore. I moved the washer out to take the back off, and the control panel worked again. It seems like something might be "out of wack" from moving it. Maybe a short, or a sensor or something. If anyone has a clue, please help me out. I love my calypso even tho other people hate them.

I can be emailed at shoomake@gmail.com it comes strait to my blackberry.

thanks..
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 9:20:13 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is a service manual
https://secured.whirlpoo...4632a4/$FILE/8178010.pdf

Sounds like a loose connection someplace.
I would start is the control panel.
Check that the plugs are tight also that none of the pins have backed out.
Would also check that the pins are properly crimped.

You may want to clean the connectors, see below
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

Finding it is usually more luck than skill !!!
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
shoomake  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 6:14:20 PM(UTC)
shoomake

It was not working last night when i left it, and when i got to it today, it worked fine. I did not run it, but the control panel works. Does anyone think that it is having problems resetting itself after a wash cycle. It just mysteriously has no power, then it mysteriously works again.
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 6:21:49 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Could also be a bad electrical connection.
Could be a loose connection on the wall plug or if on a separate circuit in the breaker panel or a bad line cord.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Black Berry Bold 9000  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:09:03 PM(UTC)
Black Berry Bold 9000

Black Berry is a great phone.I feel very happy using this Phone.I know a site that can feed you
information about black berry. You can check it out.

Thanks

Black Berry