Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ice Master  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:59:04 AM(UTC)
Ice Master

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire side-by-side frig model FRS26ZSHB4 that is about 10 years old. The ice maker is not receiving water. The arm is down. The water from the door is working. I have replaced the 1st water valve(part 218859701) that sends water to the filter. The water line from the 2nd water valve(part 218832401), which sends the filtered water to the ice maker, is clear. If I pour water into the ice maker, the ice maker works and pushes ice into the bin. Could it be a bad 2nd valve? Could 2nd valve not be receiving signal to send water to the ice maker?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Ice Master  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 10:08:20 AM(UTC)
Ice Master

Thanks Chris. It appears that the water line from the 2nd valve to the ice maker had ice in it. I just blew it out and now the ice maker is working. Well, now I have a new 1st valve that was not needed.
James (Jim) Knight  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:27:21 AM(UTC)
James (Jim) Knight

My problem is no water to the ice maker. I removed the line where it enters the rear at the top and water will be dispensed into a catch bottle. I suspect ice buildup between the ice maker inlet and where the supply line attaches to the refrigerator back. Does this sound feasible? If so, how do I clear it? I tried holding the hair dryer on a warm setting for thirty second intervals but no luck.
Thanks anyone and everyone.
JimK
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:43:19 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

I am afraid, that you will have to replace the other water valve too. It's bypassing water into the tube where it freeze.
Don't hide your blow dryer yet.

Simon.
awashko  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:54:49 PM(UTC)
awashko

I hate to revive an old thread, but I am having similar issues. I am not getting water into my ice maker. I have already replaced my water control valve, water filter, and now my ice maker. My ice maker worked for a day after I got it and quit again. Is there a second valve or something, or could this all be water pressure?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply