Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SFCHAMP97  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 5:46:40 PM(UTC)
SFCHAMP97

Groups: Registered

I Have A Ge Gas Range, We Heard A Pop Sound, It Blew The Circuit Breaker, The Range Top Burners Still Work Because I Can Turn On The Gas, The Electrical Control However Doesnt Work, So I Can't Turn The Oven On. Any Ideas For A Repair?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 10:59:56 AM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
the range top burners still work because i can turn on the gas

Gas flow to surface burners is not usually electrically controlled so it wouldn't be affected by a power outage, only their lighting. Are they lighting by themselves?

The oven however requires power to be present before any gas will be released.

Quote:
the electrical control however doesn't work, so i can't turn the oven on.

Is there power getting to the range?

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
SFCHAMP97  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 12:44:54 PM(UTC)
SFCHAMP97

There is power getting to the range. The gas burners all light WITHOUT having to spark them. The oven is only able to turn on electrically, yes I know. I cannot turn it on at all. After hearing the "pop", all electric devices on the range did not work, even after resetting the breaker. (Clock, oven controls, etc) Is the part I need to fix my issue located in the clock area? Is this the piece that needs to be replaced? Thank you for your time.
Dan O.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:08:38 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Quote:
The gas burners all light WITHOUT having to spark them.

You mean without having to light them manually (as oppose to the appliance 'sparking' them)?

Quote:
After hearing the "pop", all electric devices on the range did not work, even after resetting the breaker.

If the surface burners are sparking and igniting when turned on, that spark IS electric and the previous statement is inaccurate.

Quote:
Is the part I need to fix my issue located in the clock area?

I have no idea what is causing your problem yet so I couldn't say where it is located. But if the control is not lighting up, the problem will be somewhere between there and the connection to the house power supply.

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
SFCHAMP97  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 11:44:09 AM(UTC)
SFCHAMP97

Originally Posted by: Dan O. Go to Quoted Post
Gas flow to surface burners is not usually electrically controlled so it wouldn't be affected by a power outage, only their lighting. Are they lighting by themselves?quote]

You asked me if they lit by themselves. I didn't want to sound like a jerk, and say "No, I have to turn the knob to light light them", but that is exactly what I have to do. I must have misunderstood what you meant...

Anyway, the oven does not turn on. The clock is out. I know that the oven controls are located in the clock area of this model. These are the only other electrical components (that I know of) on the range that don't work... I don't know any other way to describe my problem to you.

Power to my home is fine. Is it the oven control?
Dan O.  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 6:24:36 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Quote:
the oven does not turn on. The clock is out. These are the only other electrical components (that I know of) on the range that don't work

If the surface burners light without having to put a match to them, that would mean power is at least getting to the appliance. That would leave just the control itself or the power supply to it as possible causes.

Someone would need to verify if power was getting to the control. Power at control but no operation = defective control.

LINK > GE JGBP28EEL4BB Electronic Control

If power was NOT getting to the control, the wiring leading up to it would have to be investigated for problems.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply