Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
missfixit  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:10:53 PM(UTC)
missfixit

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washer (Top-Load) will not work in the Rinse Cycle. It completed the wash cycle, but will not advance to the rinse cyle. The tub is full of water. I tried to manually turn the knob to the rinse cycle, but the washer will only make a slight humming noise for a few seconds, but still doesn't do anything. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 11:58:15 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Missfixit

Real good chance it's your lid switch. Hope so, cause the repair is easy and inexpensive.

To test, you want to by-pass the lid switch. Unplug the machine (I always forget to say that) Take the two screws out where the console is screwed to the top and flip the top back. You will see a plastic connector connecting wires from the console to a a plastic connector going into the top. Disconnect this connector and insert an insulted, solid wire into the two out terminal holes on the connector coming from the console.

Plug the machine back in, turn the selector to spin and see if it spins. If it does, replace the lid switch.

Here is your part.

Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LSQ8243HQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
burgerwang  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 2:01:34 PM(UTC)
burgerwang

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Missfixit

Real good chance it's your lid switch. Hope so, cause the repair is easy and inexpensive.

To test, you want to by-pass the lid switch. Unplug the machine (I always forget to say that) Take the two screws out where the console is screwed to the top and flip the top back. You will see a plastic connector connecting wires from the console to a a plastic connector going into the top. Disconnect this connector and insert an insulted, solid wire into the two out terminal holes on the connector coming from the console.

Plug the machine back in, turn the selector to spin and see if it spins. If it does, replace the lid switch.

Here is your part.

Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LSQ8243HQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

great advice, had the same problem as missfixit and it was the switch, only it was the plastic mounting of the switch that was broke, used some good epoxy and its fixed! thanks much :)
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 3:22:40 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, nice fix it job and thanks for letting us know how it turned out.
seria  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2010 8:17:12 AM(UTC)
seria

hi, i have the same ultimate 11 whirlpool washer and it doesn't rinse...i tried bridging the lid switch wires and still nothing... if i switch it to spin it will spin, if i switch it to wash it will but none of the rinse cycles work..
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2010 9:29:24 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

If the machine will agitate, drain and spin in the wash cycle but not in the rinse cycle then you do not have any mechanical problems with the washer, so the problem is probably in the timer.

If you need more info please post a full model number so we can see exactly which machine you have.
fierydragon36  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 10:38:30 AM(UTC)
fierydragon36

Similar problem here. It fills up with water, agitates(washes), drains then stops at the rinse cycle. It just makes a low humming noise and never makes it past it. I moved it forward to the spin cycle and that works. Just need to get the rinse process working. The model #LSQ8543JQ0. Any help would be appreciated. I am amateur at fixing things just to let you know so hopefully something easy!!
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 12:51:22 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

If your machine is ok operationally then the problem can probably be solved by replacing the timer. Before you do so, take off the connections and clean the contacts with contact cleaner and reseat. If that does not fix things, try replacing the timer, this part here.

Part number: AP3020198
seria  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 2:57:33 PM(UTC)
seria

my problem was solved by replacing the water inlet valve, which stopped working cuz of low water pressure, so u might wanna try this also
Cayce1  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:58:49 PM(UTC)
Cayce1

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Missfixit

{:) :) :) :) My wife thinks I'm a genious, and it's all because of you! Thanks...from a user in UTAH! }
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply