Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smithguy  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 1:39:19 PM(UTC)
smithguy

Groups: Registered

My Kitchenaid dishwasher has developed a minor leak from the bottom front left corner. I took off the bottom panel and watched; late in the cycle (before the rinse) it drips from the overflow switch tube. I took out the switch and it appears to be open on the top, so I'm not sure if I should replace the switch, or if some other problem is causing the basin to overfill?
I'd appreciate any help troubleshooting the cause.
Thanks,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2009 11:50:44 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Model Search

Give the float a good cleaning sometimes crud can wick up the water and cause a drip.

Check that the unit is level or leaning slightly to the rear.

Check the holes in the washer arm sometimes a partial plug can cause the water to spray at a weird angle causing a leak. I find it easiest to clean them when the stuff is is still wet and then use a pair of tweezers to pull the plug out.

Check that the overflow tube does not have a small crack.

Most units just fill by time and the fill switch is just an overflow protector. Though there are some that use the fill switch as a water level switch, not sure on this unit.

Another thing to check is if the unit is pumping out correctly between cycles, if not it may be adding too much water to a unit which already has some water in it. Most common causes for poor pump out are dirty filters or a partially clogged drain.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply