Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 5:37:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Well, can you describe in details how did you check the voltage to the oven please?

Gene.
DEBORA G  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 5:39:37 PM(UTC)
DEBORA G

Groups: Registered

i turn all power off when i repair any wire so to make sure i dont get shocked : thanks gene for your quick response : i tried to get on 4 weeks ago when you responded to my first post but couldnt sign in ! thank god i got you tonite!
DEBORA G  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 5:42:51 PM(UTC)
DEBORA G

i paid a repair man 35 to come tell me that and he didnt even check anything but said if the light goes on and the other side doesnt and all parts replaced he said i was only getting 110: I asked him how that was possible and he said because the clock works alone : he said i had a short or wire lose : debora
DEBORA G  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 5:49:36 PM(UTC)
DEBORA G

he showed me how to check for voltage but the thermo block and thats where i found the right side of the block didnt read but the left did!
Gene  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 5:50:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

This is definitely not a real diagnosis. Sorry to hear it.

On the other side it is very possible that the problem is outside the oven. Try to switch both breakers (it must be two single breakers or one double breaker for the oven) on and off. You have to feel some tension while turning the breakers on. Then give the oven a try.

Gene.
DEBORA G  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 6:05:31 PM(UTC)
DEBORA G

Im sure it was the selector switch when you told me but i put the thermostat in the wrong hole where the wires come in and it did short out the oven because it went on for a second, went out and has not went on since! I corrected that problem and check every wire for a short as well : should i just replace the 220 because i dont want to check it while it has power in it ? then that should determine if it is somewhere else?
DEBORA G  
#17 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 6:12:26 PM(UTC)
DEBORA G

Its possible i put one of the wires on wrong to one of the thermostats but i doubt it: could you tell me how the wire by color code go ? my oven is a 9522XUB : i know i got the selector switch wires right and the lower thermostat but maybe the upper one is on wrong : it only has 2 prongs on it : should i reverse them and try it ? is it even possible that that would be why i am not getting 220?
DEBORA G  
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:30:55 PM(UTC)
DEBORA G

ha gene i replaced the breaker and it wasnt that but when i took the hard wire plug in area apart the red wire was melted to the screw nut and i re did it and bingo it went on! thanks : i know now it shorted out at the hard wire area when the thermostat touched the wire to the element! debora
Gene  
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:50:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome Debora. I'm glad to hear you were able to fix it. I was sure there is something wrong with the incoming power and you found it. Good job!

Happy New year!

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply