Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
quietmale3269  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 8:12:42 AM(UTC)
quietmale3269

Groups: Registered

Hi,
The other day my wife noticed that the divider between the refridgerator and freezer was warm to hot to the touch and smelled hot.
I unloaded the freezer and removed the back panel inside the freezer. Everything seemed fine. Although I didn't see the heater come on. The evaporator fan was working. The dispensors(ice and water) are working fine. The evaporator coils were frosty.

So I ordered and replaced the heater and evaporator thermister. No differnce. Still warm. Everything was working fine.
Heater, evaporator coil etc. Moved the appliance to gain access to control board. Nothing obvious. No dark spots or hot smell. Unplugged the fridge and plugged back in after a minute. I could hear all the relays snap on, but noticed the condensor fan wasn't working. I observed for a few hours and the fan never came on. I pulled apart the harness to the
condenser fan motor. Took a resistance reading on motor. It was open to ground. Checked other side of harness ...120v to ground on one pin, but nothing on other pin to ground. I can hear the compressor running, but it feels hot to the touch.

I am wondering about the voltage to the fan? I am also wondering if it could be the relay or overload on the compressor?
Possibly the capacitor?

We are trying to avoid getting new fridge as the economy has been tough on us as it has to so many. Thanks for reading and contemplating the problem.

Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.