Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MPp  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 10:01:34 AM(UTC)
MPp

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire Model LFFU1153DW2 unit. It's 4 yrs old. Noticed its not working. I turned it off completely and turned it back on. The unit comes on, but don't hear the compressor turning on. I pulled the freezer out to look at the back of the unit. I heard some clicking noise around the left of compressor (around defrost timer), so I turned a few clicks on the defrost timer. The compressor comes on. At this time is my unit on defrost timer ? did I turn on the defrost timer manually ? is my defrost timer bad ? or is it any other issue. Note: My wife had the freezer full, so full that the door will not shut. Is the overload sensor busted ? please help which part I need to replace. thx
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 11:01:38 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Hopefully it was just in the defrost mode. It shuts down during defrost and starts back up when it's through. When you turned the timer you just finished the defrost cycle a little early. Watch the timer to make sure it's running.
MPp  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 12:10:24 PM(UTC)
MPp

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your reply. How will I know if the timer is busted ? When I first noticed this issue, my products inside the freezer was all thawed & pretty much at room temperature. So I figured the unit did not come off the defrost cycle. Can you please list some of the check's I need to do to isolate and change the right part. Thanks in advance for your help.
woodchuckie  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 1:24:17 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Did it start cooling ok when you turned it and everything came back on.

I'm almost sure it's the timer but you can check it here. Refrigerator Repair Guide: How To Fix a Refrigerator - ACME HOW TO.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply