Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
madinolfi136pool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:20:49 PM(UTC)
madinolfi136pool

Groups: Registered

I have a maytag frontlod washing machine. Model #mah3000aww. I just replaced the wax motor and now the door locks but the machine still won't spin or agitate. It keeps turning itself off after it fills. I checked the fuse on the motor control board and it is good. Any ideas. it drains also when I move the timer. I also checked the R11 resister and it doesn't look burnt
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 5:40:20 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

That does suggest a problem with the control board, but you will have to change it out to be sure.

Unless you are really in love with this machine I strongly recommend replacing it. It is very troubled and even if you get it going there are likely problems waiting down the road.
NeptuneHelp  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 3:37:05 PM(UTC)
NeptuneHelp

Groups: Registered

If the Neptune shuts off when filling it sounds like your water inlet screens are clogged.

I would unplug machine, turn off water supply, remove hoses, look up into the water inlets and check the screens, use tweezers or needle nose pliers to remove any junk buildup. The screens can get clogged with debris over time and that will reduce the water flow and cause the machine to time out so it does not overfill machine.

Don't forget to replace your door latch wax motor since you have a timer knob. All Neptune's shipped with the faulty door latch wax motors except some of the MGE2000 and MLE2000 stackers. The original wax motor has a brownish color actuator tip and will fail sooner or later. You want the new design with black actuator tip. See Neptune Help for more info.

Does your Neptune sound like a jet taking off when entering high speed spin? If so, I've got great news for you... Homeowners can now replace the bearings and seal in your Neptune and save about $700. See Neptune Bearing for details.

I hope this helps...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply