Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shopower  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 6:56:33 PM(UTC)
shopower

Groups: Registered

appears to have a leak at the base of the tub, where the drive shaft goes in the middle, just a seal? any tips on removal/inspection? maybe even a part number I can use, this site doesn't list my model in their database. maybe something crosses over from another model?

thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

shopower  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2007 7:44:07 PM(UTC)
shopower

Groups: Registered

well I got the seal, now I have to figure out how to get the tub out, I have the top of the washer off, and I took the agitator off, I removed all the fasteners I could see on the drive shaft, but the tub won't come out, it looks rusty, I wonder if that's all that's holding it on or is there a snap ring or something that I can't see? any ideas????
richappy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2007 1:30:00 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have an aluminum left hand nut holding the tub in place that likes to rust solid to the tub.I have one on a GE washer that I never got off!!
First, you will need the special spanner wrench and a lot of pounding to get it off.
Please Please inform us if you got it off and explain HOW.
I tried penetrating oil and a cold chisel with no success. I think you have a plastic tub, so a blowtorch is a bad idea.