Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rbetz  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 8:48:20 AM(UTC)
rbetz

Groups: Registered

I own a Whirlpool washing machine - Model LXR6232EQO. It randomly will shut off (any cycle) and if I pull the timer knob out again, it will start up again. I recently replaced the lid switch because it would coincidentally start back up again if I opened and closed the lid. That fix didn't work, so I began to suspect the timer. I have found that if I take the timer knob and timer dial off of the timer, the machine will continue through all cycles with no problem. So now I'm wondering if the timer knob or timer dial may be worn and need replaced, but I see that the dial is not available for replacement. Please advise.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.