Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mwis  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2009 6:30:39 PM(UTC)
Mwis

Groups: Registered

Please help. I am new to this but I want to make sure that the part I am going to order will fix the problem. I have a 1.5yr old black side by side WP refrigerator and the ice dispenser door will not stay closed. A repair man came out and took off the black front panel of the whole dispenser and found that the right plastic loop or little bracket/tab thing that holds the rod was broken. He thought I would need to replace the whole door dispensing unit or housing. (because that is where the black loop is attached to) When he called his parts person in IL they said I have to buy a new door for $597. After reading the prior posts on this site esp. from TADAMS and response from TechBrian it sounds like if I order the part number AP3872692 which is the ice door kit, it will fix the problem. Will this work for my problem and refrigerator? I would hate to order the wrong part and then get the repair guy back out here to install if it isn't right. Thank you very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:14:22 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes, that kit will work for your refrigerator and the door will be better than new once installed. The kit comes with instructions, but the photos are poor at best, but just understand, you are putting on a bracket to replace the original tabs. Test fit the bracket before removing the adhesive cover paper and it will make sense.
Mwis  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:46:44 AM(UTC)
Mwis

Thank you for such a quick response. I will order the part today and hopefully the repair man can install it. THANK YOU AGAIN.
marloweg  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 6:46:20 PM(UTC)
marloweg

I had a similar problem, but the bracket was not broken. I disconnected this black rubberized piece from control, and the ice door slammed shut. The device has the name "Airpot Corporation Part No. 2180223B". Apparently this device is supposed to slow down the closing of the ice door, so it doesn't slam shut. I took this part out completely, and now the ice door closes fast and completely. I don't mind the extra noise.

Brian, was there a good purpose to have this part?
marloweg  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 6:47:17 PM(UTC)
marloweg

I had a similar problem, but the bracket was not broken. I disconnected this black rubberized piece from control, and the ice door slammed shut. The device has the name "Airpot Corporation Part No. 2180223B". Apparently this device is supposed to slow down the closing of the ice door, so it doesn't slam shut. I took this part out completely, and now the ice door closes fast and completely. I don't mind the extra noise.

TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:57:19 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Quote:

The main reason for the delay is to prevent ice cubes from becoming trapped by the door, then letting in air from the outside. The delay keeps the door open long enough for remaining cubes to make it to the glass.
marloweg  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:15:10 AM(UTC)
marloweg

Can I order just that part? I don't see it on any websites.
TechnicianBrian  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:03:42 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Originally Posted by: marloweg Go to Quoted Post
Can I order just that part? I don't see it on any websites.

The part now subs over to the entire door kit, but if you can locate someone with old stock of Part number: 2205686
Part number: 2205686
then you may be able to find one.
ApplianceBlog  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:22:30 PM(UTC)
ApplianceBlog

Hi Brian,

I checked that part#2180223B marloweg posted and left the B out and it looks like that delay airpot comes with the dispenser kit here:
Part number: AP3595356
Part number: AP3595356

Jake
strongwxnc  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2010 4:52:02 PM(UTC)
strongwxnc

Awesome. I just made a post to ask this question. I searched the site but only found this afterwards. I have the same issue!!!
I will be ordering the part listed.
thanks!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply