Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
llbishop7@cs.com  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 8:47:22 AM(UTC)
llbishop7@cs.com

Groups: Registered

Washer agitates fine, but then does not go on to the next step of rinse. There is then no sound of anything happening. It is as if the washer is simply not turned on or plugged in. This is the case regardless of which cycle I am in. Every cycle agitates but does nothing else after the agitation is complete.It does not drain, rinse, or spin.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 9:16:54 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, that's not good.

You need to check your lid switch. To do this, unplug the machine andtake out the two screws that hold the console to the cabinet, and flip the console back. This will expose a wire set coming from the console and going to the cabinet, with a plastic connection. Undo the connection, and use a solid insulated wire to bypass the lid switch by twisting the wire into a u shape and inserting the exposed ends into the end holes on the plastic connector coming from the console.

Plug in the machine and move the timer to the spin position, and engage it. If the machine spins your lid switch is bad and needs to be replaced.

See any of the hundreds of posts on replacing the lid switch if you need further info.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
dfghjk  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:09:29 PM(UTC)
dfghjk

Groups: Registered

Hi, thanks so much, using your advice above I was able to get my machine draining and spinning again. It's probably a 25 year old machine so I hesitate to even spend the money to replace the switch. As long as there are no kids in the house and I accept the risk of having the machine always thinking the door is closed (and therefore being able to spin if the door is opened) ... will it damage the machine further to just leave the connector jumped? I have it jumped now and wrapped with electrical tape, and the machine is working beautifully.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 2:24:48 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

it will not harm the machine to leave the lid switch permanently by-passed, but it is a safety device and I urge you to replace the switch. If you do not I would put a very visible notice on the machine that the lid switch is not working and to bed very careful opening the lid.