Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpej55  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 5:24:44 AM(UTC)
wpej55

Groups: Registered

My over the range combination hood and microwave stopped working. I was using it when it just stopped. Nothing works, fan, light, or microwave. I have power to the touchpand but no buttons work or display anything.
What do I do next? or what could be the problem? "Thanks in Advance"

Paul
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rossdickey  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 7:43:58 AM(UTC)
rossdickey

did you ever get an answer on this? Mine did the exact same thing! I think it is something in the power supply, but not sure.
wpej55  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 8:57:40 AM(UTC)
wpej55

No never received a answer. I have power to the keypad, nothing lights or works. I think the keypad may be bad but not sure.
jizzi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:02:07 AM(UTC)
jizzi

Mine just stopped yesterday. There is power in the outlet but nothing to the microwave -no fan or lights either - could be Thermostat / Thermal Fuse . I went to the Whirlpool site and there is a exploded parts diagram. I will try to get to the fuse and check to see if it is blown, then work from there. Mine was from 2001 and one involved in the recall -what about yours?
Gene  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:47:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wpej55 Go to Quoted Post
My over the range combination hood and microwave stopped working. I was using it when it just stopped. Nothing works, fan, light, or microwave. I have power to the touchpand but no buttons work or display anything.
What do I do next? or what could be the problem? "Thanks in Advance"

Paul

Paul,

The problem can be a blown fuse (#28 on the diagram) or an open cavity thermostat (#5 on the diagram). There also can be a shorted part (not necessary) which caused the fuse to blow. I would check the high voltage capacitor for continuity after it has been discharged.

Here is the Tech sheet.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL MH7140XFB0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:48:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: rossdickey Go to Quoted Post
did you ever get an answer on this? Mine did the exact same thing! I think it is something in the power supply, but not sure.

What is the complete model number of the microwave?

Gene.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:50:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: jizzi Go to Quoted Post
Mine just stopped yesterday. There is power in the outlet but nothing to the microwave -no fan or lights either - could be Thermostat / Thermal Fuse . I went to the Whirlpool site and there is a exploded parts diagram. I will try to get to the fuse and check to see if it is blown, then work from there. Mine was from 2001 and one involved in the recall -what about yours?

What is the complete model number of the microwave?

What is the result of a tests?

Gene.
rossdickey  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:26:21 PM(UTC)
rossdickey

I think the problem with mine was the $179 plus delivery control panel circuit board, so I just bought a brand new GE installed for $300 since no guarantees that would have fixed it. GE works great!!! good luck.
jizzi  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:19:04 AM(UTC)
jizzi

Originally Posted by: jizzi Go to Quoted Post

This is an addendum - Model number is MH7140XFS-1
Could a bad ground wire from outside the house have caused this microwave to blow?
Just found out that when Verizon's subcontractors did excavation to install FIOS service, they cut my ground wire. I have been having trouble since I changed to Verizon but could not get them top send a tech to check line trouble until yesterday. I was told that this kind of electrical problem could cause a house fire and possibly blow out TVs & computer too.
Gene  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:29:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

All electronics devises are sensitive to proper ground and polarity. Have you found what is wrong with the microwave?

gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply