Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fer kix  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:59:07 PM(UTC)
fer kix

Groups: Registered

Help! washer just flooded my house! Water level did not shut off. I switched to small load, same thing. What part do I need to replace (besides the entire unit). Is there a level indicator? Is it determined by weight? Maybe its the actual switch on the console? I dont know! Anybody help before I order parts at random?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:39:17 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Fer Kix

No you do not need to replace your machine, but we do need to have some more information before we can tell you what to do.

The question is does water come into you machine regardless of whether or not it is turned on, that is, when you open the valves to let hot and cold water into the machine, does it come into the machine even though you have not pulled out the control knob? In this situation the way of course you have to stop the water is to turn off the faucets.

Alternatively, does water continue into the tub only after you have started the machine, and the water does not stop unless you push in the control knob?

Also, does this happen with both hot and cold?

Just so you know, the way the water level works in your machine is that there is an air pressure switch which is activated by air trapped in a plastic tube. As the tub fills, pressure builds and when it reaches a certain point the water level switch is engaged and tells the timer the tub is filled. The timer then shuts off the inlet valves and starts to wash your clothes. If water comes on even if the machine is off, the problem is in your inlet valves, an easy fix. If water shuts off when you shut off the machine the problem is probably in your water level system, also an easy fix. Finally, the problem could be in the timer, which is unlikely. This is an easy, but more expensive fix.

Anyway, post the info and let's see what we have.
fer kix  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:26:28 AM(UTC)
fer kix

Thanx for the reply! Just the kind of info I was looking for! I am a mechanic by trade, never had to repair a washer but as long as I know how it works, I can troubleshoot the problem more effectively. Yes, the water does shut off with the power off. As I turn the power on and off, the water flows accordingly, hot and cold. I hav'nt opened it up yet, just wanted some more info so as not to waste time.
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:56:53 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is a good site with basic washer repair info which may be helpful
http://www.applianceaid.com/washers.html
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:20:46 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Yes, that site is a good site, and it should give you some more info.

On your water level problem, once you open the machine you will see a plastic tube coming from the water level switich down the side of the tub . Check it for any leaks or any other problems and replace as needed. If it is ok, then replace the water level switch in the console and you should be fine.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
fer kix  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:54:38 AM(UTC)
fer kix

Awsome info!! I thank you for your service! Great website!!!