Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brookdoyle  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 8:59:27 PM(UTC)
brookdoyle

Groups: Registered

I am an amateur! Our refrigerator is quite old with a cracked gasket that was not broken, but I decided to preemptively replace it. I ordered the new one and installed it this weekend. As I read other places online, I should let it get to room temperature and I could heat it if I needed to reshape it. I think I do not understand what requires reshaping as it did not seem to need reshaping in my eyes. It fit around the door. It did, however, have some bubbling. We installed the new gasket, and it is not sealing well at all. There are several areas where it curves away from the door. I read online that I should give it 2-3 days and it will reshape itself. I am waiting (it's been 24 hours), but I am not hopeful. The magnets do not seem strong enough to override this curving and puckering. Is this situation able to be remedied? I would love some advice. Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.