Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gunner  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:43:44 PM(UTC)
gunner

Groups: Registered

HELP! :confused: Freezer part of side by side does not get cold enough to freeze anymore. Unit stopped making ice cubes a few days ago. Ice cream turns to mush after a few hours. Other items, like frozen steaks, seem to stay frozen just fine. Not sure if unit is cooling, only not correctly, or if items frozen are frozen simply becuase of the insulation in the unit itself. As far as I know, fridge seems to be working fine.

I have unplugged unit for about 30 minutes and done following:

-vacuumed dust out of front panel (under doors), in condensor area, and inside of fan housing
-replaced pinched water inlet tube in rear (for icemaker/water in door)- I think this was causing the icemaker issue

Fan is running as normal, rear condensor feels hot to the touch, but I couldn't find ANY coils in front or rear of unit that appear to be getting cold (should they)?

Any ideas as to what this could be caused by?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.