Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
denisej  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:52:59 PM(UTC)
denisej

Groups: Registered

My mom purchased her washer from Pacific Sales and has problems with the door lock not engaging so the washer will not turn on. She has to repeatedly hit the door in order for the lock to engage. A repair technician recommended by Pacific Sales has made 10 house calls. He has replaced the door, hinges, striker, and door lock assembly switch twice, and the problem still is not corrected. I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:40:27 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The problem could be the control unit, or the wiring. Use the tech notes inside the lower service panel to check out the control unit and examine the wiring. If the problem is the wiring it will be difficult to find and might have to be replaced to test it.
denisej  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:25:16 PM(UTC)
denisej

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The problem could be the control unit, or the wiring. Use the tech notes inside the lower service panel to check out the control unit and examine the wiring. If the problem is the wiring it will be difficult to find and might have to be replaced to test it.

Thank you for your reply. I was looking at the Electrolux service manual (page 68 in the troubleshooting matrix), and it had one sentence about checking the plug from the J2 on the control board, and then a possible correction of "replace the control board." Is this the same part you are are referring to? I was wondering if the repair person should have already tried replacing the control board. My mom has already paid him $300. Is the control board and expensive part?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:13:39 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well first of all if she has paid $300.00 the service tech should have fixed the machine. She needs to call the company and demand that the fix the machine, and not charge her anymore. If she cannot get satisfaction she should complain to whatever consumer protection groups are in her area, like the BBB, state attorney general, state consumer protection groups if there are some etc.

There is simply no reason why they should not have fixed the machine given that she paid them to do so.

The control unit is this part here.

Part number: AP4362398
Part number: AP4362398

If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it, see the returns policy for details and conditions.

The machines with electronic controls are extremely difficult to diagnose because they are so very complex. The problem with the design and the use of electronics as opposed to mechanical parts.
denisej  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:30:32 AM(UTC)
denisej

Thanks for the reply and advice. It is much appreciated. I will let you know what happens.