Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cbrickley  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 3:49:57 AM(UTC)
cbrickley

Groups: Registered

I have removed the motor control board (assembly) from my Maytag Neptune front load washer. I was advised by a repair person that the board was bad causing the rinse/spin cycle not to complete. The board was easy to remove and I have found a replacement part on this website (motor control assembly AP4027228 made by whirlpool). However, from the pictures I can not tell if the wire harness connecting to the motor is included with the control board. The control board I removed had approx 4 wires soldered to the board which ran to the motor and easily "plugged" into the motor.

Can anyone advise if the wiring harness which runs from the control board to the motor is included with the control board replacement part? If not, do I have to order a separate wiring harness and then solder it to the control board and then connect to the motor? If so, I have exceeded my abilities to repair this washer on my own.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 12:41:41 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I have not replaced that particular part on that model, but the folks that run this site are excellent in their customer support and if you dial into their "live chat" function or just call the toll free number I am sure they will answer your question quickly and accurately.
neptune help  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 5:12:25 PM(UTC)
neptune help

The wire harness on the 12002039 motor conversion kit is usually wrapped around the motor when it arrives in the box and it plugs into the edge of the motor control control board. Did you perform the drive motor diagnostic test where the tub should rotate at 50 rpm?

If the spin cycle was not working then I would look at the door latch assembly. On the MAH5500B you have to replace the whole door latch assembly where as all of the MAH5500A's that shipped have the faulty 12002535 door latch wax motor. See MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER R11 Q6 REPAIR KIT + 12002535 WAX MOTOR for details.

When your bearings go your Neptune will sound like a jet taking off in the spin cycle. You can replace them yourself. See NEPTUNE BEARING for details and you can also rent the Neptune bearing tool kit which includes a DVD that shows you how to disassemble your Neptune, replace bearings and install the seal kit.
hlfritz  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 5:57:52 PM(UTC)
hlfritz

I have the same issue. The washer will cycle but not spin at all.

I have done some of the disassembly and nothing is burned on the control board and the fuse on the motor control board looks good.

I get the door lock light, the door is locked, but no spin. fill/drain seems to be fine. at the end of the cycle i get a Lr code on the display.

I do have the service instructions, but have no clue how to put this thing into diagnostic mode. I am assuming I need some disgnostic tool to connect to the control board to do this.

can anyone help me diagnose this thing?

it is a mah5500bww, serial 74957112ZU

thx.

Helmut
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply