Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jherman  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2007 9:11:50 AM(UTC)
jherman

Groups: Registered

The dryer door does not stay closed after my young son layed on the door. To close it I have to close hard then it still pops open.:mad: I have to duct tape it to keep it closed.:p It appears as though the hinges are bent. I have ordered and received the correct replacement hinges, but can not figure out how to replace them. When the screws are removed from the hinges and door to remove the hinges, there appears to be a spring that is holding the hinges inside the cabinet. What else do I need to do to remove the hinges and how to I remove any parts that I have to, etc. I appreciate any help I can get. :confused:
Thanks,
J Herman
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2007 2:07:26 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

To remove the door springs you just take the bottom front cover off of the dryer.
There are a couple clips towards the top corners that you can release with a flat blade screwdriver.

Once you get that bottom front cover off you will see the springs and what you need to do.
woodcut  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 9:20:02 AM(UTC)
woodcut

Groups: Registered

Thanks Appliance Junk. I had the same problem as jherman. Now it's fixed. I just wanted to note that the clips that you were talking about on the lower door need to be pressed down, not up. I spent the first 15 minutes trying to lift them up with a flat head screwdriver!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply