Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hglee1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:09:59 AM(UTC)
hglee1

Groups: Registered

I have a side by side that seems to have a compressor running all the time. The fresh water coils and the fresh food drawers are frozen. The rest of the frig seems OK. Pulled the back cover on the freezer side and the evaporator is clear of any ice buildup. A block of ice builds at the bottom blocking the drain. this frig has a control board and no thermostat, so what can I do next?:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abbie  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 11:25:10 AM(UTC)
abbie

Groups: Senior Expert

for the ice in the bottom of the freezer i would say you have a pluged defrost drain,now make sure the bottom return hole in the fridge section is not block with ice.If it is clear. the ice could be from a plug drain or air leaking in the fridge.Check all door gaskets,once you clear all ice the refrigerator should start cycling off and on.
hglee1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 12:40:22 PM(UTC)
hglee1

Groups: Registered

I have cleared the ice from the bottom twice and made sure the drain is clear by pouring water down the drain and seeing it go into the tray at the bottom. It last about a day then starts to build again. Checked all gaskets (OK). Put a manual thermometer and show way below zero, but compressor still running.This is at the lowest setting