Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Imbobman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:38:56 AM(UTC)
Imbobman

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I've got this top loading whirlpool washer that I'm repairing with a agitator repair kit because the 'cogs' were worned out & the upper section of the agitator wouldn't turn.
My question is regarding the 'dual action agitator grease' that is recommended to be applied to the top of the plastic thrust washer.
What type of a grease is this? ..a silicone based, Lithium or some other type? This would be in contact with plastic parts & from what I understand petroleum based greases usually aren't the choice since they tend to break down plastics over time.
This grease isn't suppied with the kit but reference is made to it (part # 350849). My parts supply place locally doesn't stock this & it doesn't seem to be available w/o ordering it from whirlpool ( 7-10 days). I'd like to know what it is & just sub with a similar kind instead of having to wait so long.
Whirlpool was of no help regarding it's make up. Though I could only contact customer & was told they have no technical support.
...the old thrust washer still had a clear, thin coating on it yet but not enough to be of use.
Does any one know what type of grease this is? Thanks much
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.