Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
georgeli  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:02:24 PM(UTC)
georgeli

Groups: Registered

But hot to replace the blue latch that hold the other side of the spring? Thanks.

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The instructions are attached to the reply.

Gene.
EricJRW  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:36:18 AM(UTC)
EricJRW

Amazing site and forum! Thank you all.

The one thing I was not able to determine from reading this thread is if the washer's door cover needs to be removed to replace the dispenser lever (part # 166630). Looking at the photo (the area just to the left of the red o-ring), it looks like the lever snaps in a out, but I know there could be some sort of c-clip on the inside.

Before I order the part, and start tugging on things, could someone please confirm the method for lever removal?

Thank you so much in advance.

Sincerely,

Eric

UserPostedImage
EricJRW  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:44:57 AM(UTC)
EricJRW

Well after popping the lid off the track, and scrutinizing the whole assembly, my better guess now is that the lid is warped and does not seat snuggly in the track. This is the craziest design ever.

I thought at first a latch on the lever had snapped off. Then I thought the same for the lid. But looking closely at both parts (using a magnifying glass), and in the bottom of the dishwasher and filter basket, all edges are factory smooth with normal wear marks visible and no little bits of plastic were found.

Now I'm theorizing on the lid, but it does look slightly bowed out, in that the (4) "pins" are not completely in the track. They are worse to the left (toward soap compartment).

I'm thinking of buying the lid, but $24 seems a bit steep. Since it changes shipping little, I buy the lever too (just in case fresh parts mate better).

If anyone things I'm heading down the wrong path, please let me know.

TIA,

Eric
m1chaelgr1ff1n  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 4:18:47 PM(UTC)
m1chaelgr1ff1n

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You may want to check the rails on the dispenser body (where the door slides). Possible they are damaged or worn out. If this is right then the whole dispenser has to be replaced.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Bosch SHU5302 UC/12 (FD 8003-) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Gene,
Thank you, You are extremely knowledgable aand helpful. Big help
muya  
#25 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 8:13:36 PM(UTC)
muya

I have a Bosch SHU3032UC/U12 FD8008 (01 0189).

The dispenser will not stay shut. I bought part AP3844311 (490467) to replace the entire dispenser. It looks very similar to the original part.

Here's the problem. The replacement part has what appears to be 2 electrical connection spots. First connection is 2 large copper spades attached to a brown switch(?) - this looks the same as the original dispenser. The second connection on the replacement part is on the far left side near the bottom of the dispenser- a small green circuit board with 3 connection points. My original dispenser does not have this green circuit board connection.

Should I ignore the 2nd green circuit board connection as I only have the single brown switch connection point?

(Also note: original dispenser detergent cup latch is white, while the replacement part is blue. Not sure if this is important or not.)

Thanks for your input!
Gene  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:04:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
According to the model number you posted this is the correct dispenser. I believe you can ignore the second connection.

Gene.
MrD  
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:09:58 PM(UTC)
MrD

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: montagequeen Go to Quoted Post
I have a Bosch dishwasher that I purchased four years ago. The soap tray dispenser is not popping open during the cycle. I don't know if I need a new spring, or I need to replace the whole tray. The item # is SHU33A02UC
How do I fix this?

Where do I find the model number? Is it 1150-C3

... BEFORE you replace anything ....
I had a similar problem where the soap packets would turn into a gooey mess and remain stuck in the dispenser.

After much research, I stumbled across a description of the function of the wax motor. Based on the description, I came to the conclusion that the motor/actuator system that operates the soap dispenser, ALSO activates the rinse. OR - another way of saying it would be that the FIRST time the motor is activated, it dispenses soap. The SECOND time the motor is activated, it dispenses rinse.

What would happen if you were to interrupt the dishwasher AFTER the soap was dispensed and BEFORE the rinse.

I ran an empty cycle for about 20 - 30 minutes ... interrupted the cycle ... then ran it again.

Yeah ... the problem was fixed and it has been working flawlessly for about a month now.

BEFORE you spend a bunch of money on parts and the labor to replace the unit, try this "free" approach. I hope it works for you like it did for me.
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 3:10:59 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi, I have replaced the soap dispenser and it still doesn’t open during the cycle. If I open or close it manually it works fine.
My model # shx7er55uc/50.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply