Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cwilson  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2007 7:43:49 AM(UTC)
cwilson

Groups: Registered

The unit, during the spin cycle, will bang, clank, and walk as far as the water supply and drain hoses will let it. (If I'm not home my wife will push it back -straining her neck and back) The belt has been replaced & the floor and unit are completely level. The problem has gotten progressively worse over the past weeks/months and the contents now have to be re-adjusted 2-4x's during spins to complete cycle. On reviewing previously posted threads it appears 'snubber replacement' may be in order. Please advise as to appropriateness/difficulty of this. I am competent mechanically and have a well equipped shop but do not have specialty appliance tools. Thank you for your advice and time-they are valued.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2007 6:20:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The complete instructions you can find in the service manual.

Gene.
okbobcats  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:08:06 AM(UTC)
okbobcats

Groups: Senior Expert

check to make sure you don't have broken spring down below. and make sure your automatic leveler is working. if they are ok. put a couple of sand paper dicus under your front legs. stick the dicus to the floor.this should take care of the walking. even if the washer is level and if your floor is not. I found at one guys house his floor was about a inch off . with the sand paper dicus. it took care of his walking.
JLM81  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:08:21 PM(UTC)
JLM81

Hi,

I have a Gibson stackable model number MLCE52RCS1. I was looking at the washer-drive assembly drawing (11), and I can't tell if there are two part 6's or two part 5's. The one with the counterspring--looks like part 6, so a base, is bent. (1) Am I reading the part number for the one with the counter spring correctly? (2) Because this is bent, is it necessary to replace the other ones? (3) Should I replace the counter spring as well? (4) There appears to be a set of slots for 2 countersprings on that one base, but only one spring--should there be two?

Thanks.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 11:10:10 AM(UTC)
Gene

My first question: what exactly is wrong with your washer?
What had you to take it apart?

Gene.
JLM81  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 8:20:51 PM(UTC)
JLM81

My machine had been getting off balance, but I thought it was how I was placing the load. Then, one night it completely fell off back to the back right hand corner. I took it apart to see if I could reseat it, and realized that the bolt on the base was bent. The counter-spring was still attached.
richappy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 12:32:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For cwilson, you have the classic snubber problem.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 9:30:03 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: JLM81 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I have a Gibson stackable model number MLCE52RCS1. I was looking at the washer-drive assembly drawing (11), and I can't tell if there are two part 6's or two part 5's. The one with the counterspring--looks like part 6, so a base, is bent. (1) Am I reading the part number for the one with the counter spring correctly? (2) Because this is bent, is it necessary to replace the other ones? (3) Should I replace the counter spring as well? (4) There appears to be a set of slots for 2 countersprings on that one base, but only one spring--should there be two?

Thanks.

(1) The counterweight spring (drawing #4), part number AP2147314

(2) If I got you right, when you said "the bolt on the base was bent" you meant the suspension assembly or leveler (drawing #5) with part number AP2147315 ?
You do not have to replace all three. Replace only what was damaged.

Did you check the tub support (drawing #19) for any damages?

(3) If the counterweight spring is not worn out and/or not damaged you do not have to replace it.

(4) There is only one counterweight spring.

Gene.