Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fjwilsonjr@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2011 12:38:42 PM(UTC)
fjwilsonjr@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

I bought a new Bosch Axxis model WTV76100US dryer. From the beginning, it failed to dry clothes. It would run for several minutes and stop with the filter light blinking, even though the filter was clean, and didn't get very hot. If restarted, it would do the same thing. If I restarted it 12 or 15 times, I could dry a load of clothes. A technician spent over an hour diagnosing it and concluded that the heater (module?) was defective. One of his observations was that the temperature of the exhaust was only 109 degrees F, when it should have been much higher. I asked for a replacement because it was available considerably sooner than the needed part. It arrived today. It is doing the same thing, although it may not be quite as bad, in that it may be getting a little warmer, and it may be running longer before it stops. I cleaned the sensors on both units with white vinegar, like the manual says, and it had no effect. I tried running the second one with the filter removed; it didn't help. The previous dryer was in the same location and used the same vent. the vent is actually better because I cut off about three feet od excess flexible duct and vacuumed a lot of lint out of it. It is about 13 feet long and has one 90 degree bend. I would think that the odds of getting two dryers in a row with the same defect would be very small. Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2011 2:04:44 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Check for a clog or restriction in the vent. It should blow as hard at the outside of the house as it does just outside of the dryer.

Also, double check to make sure the power is adequate for the new dryer.
fjwilsonjr@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2011 2:37:51 PM(UTC)
fjwilsonjr@gmail.com

The power is definitely adequate. It's a 30 A circuit.

I experimented some more since the first post. I tried running it with the vent duct disconnected. It ran till the clothes were dry. However, I'm not sure it is working completely right. The temperature of the air coming out the back was 114 degrees F; the repairman said it should be 150 t0 170.

I stuck a vacuum cleaner hose about ten feet into the vent duct and got more lint out. Then, I hooked the vent back up and tried again, and the dryer shut off when the clothes were still wet. It seems strange that my old dryer, a 16 year old Asko, worked fine till the day it died with three more 90 degree bends in the duct due to a lot of excess flexible duct that was coiled up behind it, and with a lot of lint in the duct that I have removed, but the new dryer won't work. Are Bosch dryers a lot more sensitive to resistance in the vent system than others? I'm thinking my next move may be to try to blow out the vent duct with a leaf blower.

How can I change my user name to something besides my email address? I can't find a place to do that.
fjwilsonjr@gmail.com  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 10:13:45 PM(UTC)
fjwilsonjr@gmail.com

I investigated some more and found the problem: a bird nest in the exhaust duct. Dryer works fine now that it has been removed.

What I don't understand is that the old dryer worked fine till it died, after which I removed a lot of lint and a significant amount of flexible duct, but with the obviously decreased resistance, the new dryer would not work.
fjwilsonjr@gmail.com  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:02:46 PM(UTC)
fjwilsonjr@gmail.com

I investigated some more and found the problem: a bird nest in the exhaust duct. Dryer works fine now that it has been removed.

What I don't understand is that the old dryer worked fine till it died, after which I removed a lot of lint and a significant amount of flexible duct, but with the obviously decreased resistance, the new dryer would not work.