Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CarlaPhi  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 7:46:48 AM(UTC)
CarlaPhi

Groups: Registered

First let me say, Im not sure where to find the Model number for this range, so I might be wrong on the model number I listed.. To make a long story short though, I woke up at 3:30am this morning due to the TV, I decided to get up and check on my children and when I opened my door a cloud of smoke came through. I woke my husband up screaming the house was on fire, because it smelled like something was burning. He woke up, ran into the kitchen and saw that even though all the controls were set to off, our oven was on and smoke just rolling out of it on all sides.. We unplugged the stove from the outlet, and while I refuse to have it plugged back in, I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening? We've done the self cleaning mode before, and the stove last night was 5 times hotter than it gets in self cleaning mode.. Having the stove repaired is not an option, as I just don't feel safe right now with this stove, just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this happening? Here is an image of what our stove looks like.. HERE.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.