Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shmoozer  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:14:36 AM(UTC)
shmoozer

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: shmoozer Go to Quoted Post
Well, any feedback? Mine is doing the same and I did clean the contacts inside the timer several years ago. I cleaned them again; only one seemed burned. I have a 11092583810 Kenmore Washer. The cheapest timer I found was on (withheld) for $89 but now I'll check this site for a price. I would rather just replace the contacts if they can be purchased. Can I buy just the contact pack for the washer instead of buying the whole timer?

I'm sorry for the late update. My issue turned out to be the speed control selector switch. Somehow, playing with the lid and controls would make contact inside the switch. Pushing on the knob of the speed control made the connection. I ended up purchasing a new washer last year- what a mistake.
BeardGuy1977  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:21:30 AM(UTC)
BeardGuy1977

It is a Belt Drive machine... not a direct drive. Does this change things?

and BTW... I cant open and close lid since it stays locked throughout whole wash cycle. So any other ideas...

and lastly... it is a 2014 Whirpool New style Belt drive.
BeardGuy1977  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:06:08 AM(UTC)
BeardGuy1977

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I am assuming this is a direct drive Whirlpool made machine.

Your machine has a neutral drain, meaning when it starts to drain the transmission shifts into neutral so it is not trying to turn the tub while it is full of water.

The timer needs to pause the motor after the drain is complete. This causes the transmission to shift into spin. If the motor does not pause, no shift. So the timer is not doing its "pause" job, and when you open and close the lid you are doing the pause job for it. That is why it starts spinning after you do that.

So replacing the timer should fix your problem.

It is a Belt Drive machine... not a direct drive. Does this change things?

and BTW... I cant open and close lid since it stays locked throughout whole wash cycle. So any other ideas...

and lastly... it is a 2014 Whirpool New-style Belt drive.
LoXodonte  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:42:48 AM(UTC)
LoXodonte

My warranty company is sending an appliance dude back out...I'll remember to post whatever he tells me but I'd take it with a grain of salt considering he either 1.) he put it back together incorrectly. or 2.) failed to test thoroughly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply