Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fred Krueger  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:27:15 AM(UTC)
Fred Krueger

Groups: Registered

Need to replace the rack rollers on the upper rack of a GE Potscrubber 800. I have already purchased the rollers from you. How do I remove the end caps on the rack slide assembly?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

whugo20  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 10:16:24 AM(UTC)
whugo20

How do you remove the upper rack lock caps for GE Dishwasher Model GSD220Z07WH?
catholic  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:14:23 AM(UTC)
catholic

I know I had a problem figuring out some of the caps on the upper rack before too. I don't know what your's looks like, but I'd try moving it to the side rather than pulling it straight out.
janefburke  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2008 1:51:56 PM(UTC)
janefburke

Originally Posted by: whugo20 Go to Quoted Post

I need help with this too. i have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II model #DU943PWKB0 and purchased a replacement for the wheel contraption which hooks onto the rack, with the wheel itself running inside the metal arms which allow the rack to move in and out. It would seem that I would have to take the white endcap off the metal arm to fit the wheel into the inside of the arm before I clip the part onto the rack. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to release that endcap.
janefburke  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2008 1:53:29 PM(UTC)
janefburke

okay. thanks. I'll try that
janefburke  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2008 2:22:02 PM(UTC)
janefburke

Originally Posted by: whugo20 Go to Quoted Post

:)
Hey whugo20! I did it! I got the end caps off my Whirlpool. Maybe this will help you. When catholic suggested moving the endcap to the side, it got me thinking of all the possibilities. My endcaps can't move to the side because of the way they are installed into the metal arm. Feeling all the parts of the endcaps, I found a place where it seemed like I could squeeze it. The queezable part was in a place that was hard to get to, so I got a very short and tiny screw driver and place it so that the arm of the screwdriver lay inside the metal arm to which the endcap is attached. I pressed hard on the screw driver and the endcap released and I was able to lift it out of its housing. Ta Da! Then I put the new roller into the metal arm and moved it down so it was opposite the roller on the left side of the rack. Then I had to turn the clip part so the fasteners could get inside the rack and clip onto the inside. I hope this helps with your GE.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply