Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brae  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2007 5:52:59 AM(UTC)
brae

Groups: Registered

Our Whirlpool gas dryer will run but not heat. I changed the thermal coupler and when we turned the dryer on it started to heat but would not stay warm until the clothes are dry. We have tried the different modes of sensor drying and timed drying; neither worked. Where do I go from here?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brae  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2007 5:54:41 AM(UTC)
brae

Is this a problem that cannot be fixed? It has been two weeks since my post with no reply.
icoria  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:21:32 AM(UTC)
icoria

try Thermal Fuse. i have same situation your and it work for thermal fuse. good luck.
califteacher  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:29:05 PM(UTC)
califteacher

Perhaps my experience will help someone with the same problem. I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer (made by Whirlpool). It is about 5 years old.

Several years ago, it stopped heating, and by sheer luck, I replaced the circuit board, and solved the problem.

Recently, the dryer again stopped heating. I used my very basic ohmmeter skills to determine that the heating element, thermal fuse, trimister, etc. were all in working order.

One gas valve was somewhat out of spec, so I replaced both--no luck. The heating element ended up crumbling in my hand, so I replaced it--no luck. Finally, since the circuit board was the cause earlier, and was now $45 instead of $95 (and had been redesigned) I replaced it--no luck.

Although I suspected that the heater relay was bad, I could not figure out how to test it. By this time, my wife was begining to balk at not having a dryer for two weeks, so I called a repairman. After a quick visit and a bill for $179, the dryer worked--it was indeed the heater relay located on the control panel. The repairman, because of his experience, simply crossed the two red wires on the relay and the dryer began to work.

While it killed me to have to pay $179 to replaced a $29 part, I can see that in the end, what one pays for when calling a repairman is his or her diagnostic experience.
TomGJohnson  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 9:46:59 AM(UTC)
TomGJohnson

I have the same problem but can not find a part called "heater relay" in the control panel. Does someone know the part number?
dan-j-k  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:46:34 AM(UTC)
dan-j-k

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply