Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nagihs  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 6:46:42 PM(UTC)
nagihs

Groups: Registered

I am trying to replace the drum bearings on my LG - WM2277HW front load washer and have removed the tub from the washer. Can someone guide me how to remove the existing installed bearings and then replace them with new ones.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 9:51:08 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Nagihs,

Looks like no one chimed in so I will throw out my two cents.

Any pics of the rear/front bearing and Tub Seal of your Outer Tub?

I don’t own the machine I’ve become very familiar with my FAV6800A Maytag TL and have done a complete Outer Tub rebuild on it and helped owners across different forums including here at this site; FAV6800A/FAV9800A Outer Tub bearing replacement. Take a look at the process I and other owners have gone thru and see if it helps. There are outer tub rebuilds of othe machines at this forum a MAHXXXX series machine comes to mind.

I would be careful and see if you can punch out the bearings as we did in the above link. Just watch the hammer strikes and you don’t have a glancing blow to the Outer Tub. Even after that warning it has happened. Pressing /pounding in new bearings was a straight forward process. Once the bearings are removed I would measure the bearings, inner/outer bearing diameter and bearing thickness and seek out best price with those dimensions. As an example two 6207-2RS bearings for my outer tub were had for around $16 shipped to the house and there may be better pricing had. I would buy the tub seal thru the parts vendor at this site.

It looks like you can buy the Outer Tub TUB ASSEMBLY,OUTER but it’s Out Of Stock from this sites parts vendor. You would have to call the parts vendor and make sure the Outer Tub comes with bearings and tub seal installed…… my assumption is it should. I would not recommend buying an Outer Tub to get new bearings and a tub seal as I have stated in many DIY forum post.

Good Luck and if I find any references to a Outer Tub rebuild for your LG WM2277HW I will chime in………Dick
dh1200s  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:18:24 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Nagihs,

Google this ""Everyone meet Horsey->LG""

Sorry no direct links I don't want to get kicked off the forum. The 1st hit should take you to a great DIY repair discussion of your machine.

This is a multi part DIY discussion of machine issues. Near the end is Outer Tub rebuild step by step with pics. Good info on the bearings you need for your DIY project............Dick
rwerner  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:40:40 PM(UTC)
rwerner

if you have the tub out, you are well on your way, if i remember right, you have to seperate the front and back half, be carefull with the tub seal between the front and back half. then remove the big pulley in the back, the inner basket should then slide out of the back half, if not, place a piece of wood over the shaft and gently hit it with a hammer to dislodge it, this shoud work,if it doesn't, you might have a bigger problem with a frozen bearing in the back of the tub, if it does slide out, just remove the spider and shaft, tap out the tub bearing, then replace the tub bearing, seal, and reattach the spider to the tub, place the shaft in the bearing, reattach the big pulley, put the tub seal back in place, then reassemble the front and back half. this should work, good luck
NGI  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:45:38 AM(UTC)
NGI

I also have to replace the bearings and seal on my LG WM2277HW. I was reading in the service manual that you should replace the dampers once they are removed. Can anyone tell me if this is necessary, or just recommended?

I just ordered the bearings and seal, so I want to make sure I have everything I need once I start. I thought about ordering the spider, since I read a lot about the corrosion issue.

Thank you,
Ed
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply