Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wmcount  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 6:19:08 PM(UTC)
wmcount

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool Gold Quiet Wash Plus (model#GU940SCG72) stopped running about a month ago. Also did not completely drain. No panel lights would come on. Checked the circuit breaker. Not the problem. Installed a new lever switch and black wire to the power box at the bottom of the dishwasher as the connector on the end of the black wire appeared to be burnt out. The dishwasher worked two washes before stopping again. Checked the connector again and the replaced wire. Does not appear to be the problem. Also used a current meter on all the connectors in the control panel. Found no issue. Not sure if I should sink any more funds into repairing it or cut my losses and seek to replace it. If replacement is recommended what is a good reputable energy efficient diswhasher. Not interested in a lot of bells and whistles, just a good dishwasher that can handle pots, pans, casserole dishes, etc. Ready to pull my hair out as I haven't had to hand wash for a several years.
PLEASE HELP!!!!:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.