Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
natasha377  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 5:49:24 AM(UTC)
natasha377

Groups: Registered

I am sorry that I don't have the model number, but my dishwasher stopped working about 5 months ago, so we have just been washing by hand.

What I do know is that the latch is quite loose and it doesn't latch good. At first even though it wasn't latching well, the dishwasher would still turn on, but wouldn't drain at the end of the cycle. Now, there is no power at all to the dishwasher. I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction as to the issue and how to trouble shoot it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 5:52:50 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

The loose latch can just mean the handle is broken, but for a non-functioning unit, there can be more than one item which would really be helped with a complete model number. Without knowing what you are looking at, I can only speculate on the problem. If there is no power, start with the junction box behind the lower access panel. If voltage is present there, then move up to the control panel and verify voltage at the board and the door switch. Those are generic answers, but a model number can help us steer you in a better direction.
natasha377  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 9:13:48 AM(UTC)
natasha377

Groups: Registered

Sorry it took so long to get back...but the model number is 8575637. It seems that we might be able to get this fixed. Just on Monday, the oven on our gas range quit working for no apparent reason and then I went upstairs to do a load of laundry and I got an F1 code our our washer. Turns out the F1 code is the control board. Nice. I now have 3 whirlpool products in my home, all less than 3 years old and they don't work. I complained to both Whirlpool and the BBB. Just got a call from Whirlpool. Hopefully they can help us out. This goes beyond what can be considered as acceptable quality products.
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 9:20:22 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Very unfortunate. The number you provided is not a model number, so we would still need one to further assist you. But it sounds as if Whirlpool may step up and offer to help with a service call to the home. If Whirlpool does not help with your repairs, you are always welcome back to the forum and we will see what we can do to assist.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply