Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulclark  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:06:00 AM(UTC)
paulclark

Groups: Registered

well, here we go again as i acquired a partial helpful response upon my intiail inquiry for resolution. From the start so nothing can be omitted as i am unable to assure myself a connection from the previous thread/subject the other day.
kitchenaid dishwasher, model kuds01Ijbso, serial number fm1428810,
type 577-0, stainless steel. a week ago the unit burned out at the fuse, so i ordered a fuse locally and placed within however this time burned out at fuse and control box assembly, therefore ordered your replacement fuse and control box assembly part number AP3775964. Started up unit, did not finish cycle, as it did not drain. Took apart interior and checked for debris for possbile blockage, minor debris, lights work for numbers "1and2" but also get horizontal ---- lines across panel. Took your advise whereby cleaned ribbon taping with alcohol and vaseline, started up, motor engaging, however again stopped prematurely as it did not drain again.
disassembled unit, check for further blockage within tubing underneath pump, no blockage, tubing blows through fine.
upon your response upon my initial you wanted the complete model number and serial for further trouble shooting and suggested checking for discharge of water to a bucket. HOw can that be possible if it does not drain?
i'm thinking it is either the control console assemble part # AP3138258 which is not communicating to the pump motor, or the motor itself which may be defective part# AP3133590.
would greatly appreciate a thorough intelligent productive response and not a copy and past as dishes are adding up and taking over the kitchen.
please copy my entire inquilre and respond to me both here in forum and at my work email address at paul.clark@dcma.mil
thanks,
paul clark
cell 781 254 6437
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 7:32:28 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: paulclark Go to Quoted Post
well, here we go again as i acquired a partial helpful response upon my intiail inquiry for resolution. From the start so nothing can be omitted as i am unable to assure myself a connection from the previous thread/subject the other day.
kitchenaid dishwasher, model kuds01Ijbso, serial number fm1428810,
type 577-0, stainless steel. a week ago the unit burned out at the fuse, so i ordered a fuse locally and placed within however this time burned out at fuse and control box assembly, therefore ordered your replacement fuse and control box assembly part number AP3775964. Started up unit, did not finish cycle, as it did not drain. Took apart interior and checked for debris for possbile blockage, minor debris, lights work for numbers "1and2" but also get horizontal ---- lines across panel. Took your advise whereby cleaned ribbon taping with alcohol and vaseline, started up, motor engaging, however again stopped prematurely as it did not drain again.
disassembled unit, check for further blockage within tubing underneath pump, no blockage, tubing blows through fine.
upon your response upon my initial you wanted the complete model number and serial for further trouble shooting and suggested checking for discharge of water to a bucket. HOw can that be possible if it does not drain?
i'm thinking it is either the control console assemble part # AP3138258 which is not communicating to the pump motor, or the motor itself which may be defective part# AP3133590.
would greatly appreciate a thorough intelligent productive response and not a copy and past as dishes are adding up and taking over the kitchen.
please copy my entire inquilre and respond to me both here in forum and at my work email address at paul.clark@dcma.mil
thanks,
paul c.

As I understand this, Everything is now working properly, but the dishwasher does not drain, is that correct ?

Do you have access to a VOM / multimeter, [AP3873826] so you can check the drain pump motor winding resistance, and voltage to the motor, from the control board ?
The drain pump motor should have a resistance of 16 ohms(+/- 10%) across the two terminals of the motor with the wires disconnected.
As long as the wires are disconnected, you can insert your meter probes into the end of the two wire terminals, Start the dishwasher, then cancel the cycle a few seconds later. The dishwasher should program into a 2 minute drain cycle . At that point, if the control board and wiring are in tact, there should be 120 VAC across the two wires.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply