Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gmguy01  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 9:20:48 PM(UTC)
gmguy01

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
I have a 2 year old GE PDW8600 series that is no longer draining properly.

I followed the very good instructions by [COLOR="Navy"]ABADFISH66[/COLOR] (Great Job), but I found no real obstruction, and the food and junk I did find is now gone.

While working on it, I was able to clear the sump on occasion. In otherwords, after letting the water fill I'd let the rinse action start then I would hit the "Reset" button and it would drain into the garbage disposal as it should.

However, after I put it all back together, it would act up again. When it doesn't drain, it is very obvious that the pump is not physically being turned on. (Relay, Switch?)

Tonight when I tried running it through the rinse cycle and hit the "Reset" button to force it to drain, not only did the pump not run, but the "Reset" LED would blink for awhile. (Does the blinking LED mean anything of use?)

I'm ready to pull the whole thing out from under the sink to start replacing parts, but I'm hoping that I could get some advise regarding where I should start.

[COLOR="Navy"]ABADFISH66[/COLOR], if you are around--I'd appreciate your input. I'm a fellow Arizonian (Flagstaff) and was especially impressed with your instructions regarding this issue on another post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.