Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ponderitsome  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:46:26 PM(UTC)
ponderitsome

Groups: Registered

My Magic Chef drop in range (model 5892vvv) started reporting code F3 and turning off the oven burners. I ordered a new temp sensor from AppliancePartsPros.com and installed it. Now Im still getting F3 codes.

Once, after dealing with repeated F3 error codes but trying to get dinner cooked, it threw an F5. I've never seen an F5 since - but Ive gotten F3 plenty.

When I replaced the temp sensor, I did NOT remove the range to disassemble and inspect the wiring. Given the fact that I continue to get F3, is this loathsome step really the next best step to take? Is there some way to test the temp sensor to ensure that it is indeed good?

Live Chat suggested I submit this question to the forum.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 5:52:50 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAGIC CHEF 5892VVV RANGE- S/C D/I ELE | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a good link on checking the sensor, take a look at 7, 8, 20 and 21.
http://www.applianceaid.com/elecrange.html

Also check that the connection at the control board is OK.

Wiggle the connector while looking at the solder side to see if the pins move in the solder. Also look for hairline cracks in the circuit trails.

If all OK then odds are that the control board is toast.

F5 looks like it is a control board problem.
Also I am assuming that you have unplugged the unit for 5 minutes or so to see if the error will reset itself.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ponderitsome  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:58:42 AM(UTC)
ponderitsome

Groups: Registered

Good point on unplugging. I only had it unplugged long enough to swap out the temp sensor. I'll try this first before trying to lift out the range (it is a drop in) so that I can inspect the wiring/connectors off the temp sensor.

If the wiring is good and I cant find the other problems you mentioned, would you point me to the part for the control board. In the parts list I see a relay board (Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Relay, Board, part number: AP4094554) and the clock assembly (Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Clock Assembly, part number: AP4009447).
denman  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:24:09 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The control board is the clock assembly (Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Clock Assembly, part number: AP4009447).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply