Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The Cleaning Mom  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:32:33 AM(UTC)
The Cleaning Mom

Groups: Registered

Help! I have a Whirlpool Washing Machine that was purchased in July of '04 and has since had 3 direct drive pumps replaced on it. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I am almost to the point of being afraid to use the machine because when this happens, of course, water starts leaking! What am I doing wrong, or is the machine a lemon?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abbie  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:04:29 AM(UTC)
abbie

Groups: Senior Expert

i don,t think the pump is faulty,is it possible that the washer is trying to spin when draining?If so there could be a problem with the neutril drain gear in the gearcase.. this will cause leaking water..
The Cleaning Mom  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:54:39 AM(UTC)
The Cleaning Mom

Are you saying that perhaps the gear is slipping after a certain period of time? A new pump has been installed once a year, basically for a machine that is only 3 years old. It does not sound like making a repair to the gear will be worth the money! Or, do you think that in another year, the pump will go out because of this neutral gear slip? (I have not noticed that the machine tries to spin while draining-repairmen keep saying that a string or dust is clogging the pump causing the bearings to fail)
abbie  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:23:30 PM(UTC)
abbie

Groups: Senior Expert

what i,am saying is if the nuetril drain is bad in the transmission the washer will try to spin with water in the tub. This will cause the water to go over the tub thus signs of water on the floor,some gear cases [trans] may carries some sort of warranty.Chech your washer guide.
The Cleaning Mom  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2007 7:40:56 AM(UTC)
The Cleaning Mom

Water is not going over the tub--it is coming out where the direct drive pump is located at the bottom of machine. I watched the most recent repairman--he said he pulledsome type of string out of the pump/bearing case and perhaps this was the culprit. He also added that perhaps I wash too many clothes-HA! Something is causing this pump to fail--if it is the gears, should I suggest this the NEXT time the thing breaks?