Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ardith  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:00:33 PM(UTC)
Ardith

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/26/2007(UTC)
Posts: 3

I have a JVM1790SK Microwave/Convection oven. The interior light is no longer working. Are there any instructions for replacing it? Where is the bulb located? Since it no longer lights, I can't tell where it is located. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Adam / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:37:30 PM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 7/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 214

Dear Ardith,

There are no step by step instructions that I know of out there but usually if there is no cover on the inner cavity of the microwave to access the bulb you have to pull the microwave off the wall and remove the wrapper.

Its usually located toward the top.

Be care though. There is a hi- voltage capacitor that holds a charge and can be dangerous.
Ardith  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:00:00 PM(UTC)
Ardith

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/26/2007(UTC)
Posts: 3

Originally Posted by: Adam Go to Quoted Post
Dear Ardith,

There are no step by step instructions that I know of out there but usually if there is no cover on the inner cavity of the microwave to access the bulb you have to pull the microwave off the wall and remove the wrapper.

Its usually located toward the top.

Be care though. There is a hi- voltage capacitor that holds a charge and can be dangerous.


Thank you so much for the information. The microwave is heavy and to remove it will be a pain. Also, is there any way to discharge the capacitor? How would you know if it is discharged? Is my only option a certified technician?
Adam / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:16:21 PM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 7/18/2007(UTC)
Posts: 214

Dear Ardith

When it comes to discharging a capacitor I really don't like to advise for fear of electrical shock.
Besides you may not have to as long as you steer clear of it. I just like to warn people.
If any doubts I would consider a tech due to the danger of the hi voltage system.
Ardith  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:54:46 PM(UTC)
Ardith

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/26/2007(UTC)
Posts: 3

Thank you for the information and advise. I really appreciate it.
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.