Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LJ Franklin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:29:49 PM(UTC)
LJ Franklin

Groups: Registered

Water pools inside of refrigerator. Have cleaned bottom section where coils located. Took out drain pan was dry.
Unplugged refrigerator/freezer, let defrost. Removed bottom floor of freezer had a block of ice. Used hair dryer to defrost ice and area near back wall.

Still water collects inside of refrigerator.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

trlyka  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:47:31 PM(UTC)
trlyka

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: LJ Franklin Go to Quoted Post
Water pools inside of refrigerator. Have cleaned bottom section where coils located. Took out drain pan was dry.
Unplugged refrigerator/freezer, let defrost. Removed bottom floor of freezer had a block of ice. Used hair dryer to defrost ice and area near back wall.

Still water collects inside of refrigerator.

If your freezer is like mine......I had this happen a few times in a row. What I found was the freezer fans were being blocked with too many food items. It wasn't breathing properly, so ice builds up and blocks the drainage hole in the back of the freezer. This usually happens around the holidays when there is more food then usual, so keep items clear of that area of the freezer. At lease a couple inches from it.

Anyway, once you remove the freezers bottom pan (you don't even have to defrost for this if you don't want to), there is a metal strip along the back of the freezer. To the right of the middle in the metal strip is a small hole that is the drain tube. Usually, if you find ice build up under the pan, there is also usually ice build up on the metal part too and the hole is being covered and frozen over. This causes the condensation that would typically go into the pan under the fridge, to go into the fridge instead. It goes through the opening in the top back of the fridge. Sometimes the condensation pools under the veg bins, or goes onto the shelves. When you remove the bottom pan in the freezer, remove all the ice and expose the metal strip. Take a baster and apply hot water over the hole. Use a dish towel to soak up the water as you will be doing this quite a few (30-50) times until you see water in the catch pan under the fridge. once you see water going through, then add a few more squirts of hot water for good measure. This worked for me. Hopefully it works for you too.
Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply