Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bonniepadgett  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 6:36:31 AM(UTC)
bonniepadgett

Groups: Registered

I have a new in the box Dacor Duel Fuel Range that's designed for NG. We've built our house, and after discovering the astronomical prices for running gas from the road (it's a long driveway), we elected to put in a propane tank. Everything's installed, and we're trying to determine how to convert this range - ER36D-NG - to a propane burning unit. Is there any way to do this? Dacor says it's not designed for it... Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 5:18:14 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Dacor builds their ranges for LP or NG at the factory and does not offer conversion kits. The orifices and regulator could be changed, but you would also need new valves to ensure the burners operate properly. May want to see if you dealer can help with a different product.
Cookin' in AZ  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:50:10 AM(UTC)
Cookin' in AZ

I had the same issue this past winter. I inherited a Dacor 36" dual fuel range that was unused and factory set for NG. I searched for a conversion and even contacted Dacor customer service, to be flatly told it was not possible. I was really upset, because I had read other versions of this story all over the internet. DO NOT GIVE UP! I contacted a local repairman who assured me he could do it. I was pretty concerned, but he was able to order the parts from Dacor (I saw the packaging!) and he installed them quickly and easily. The range works perfectly on propane and I'm pretty happy. I think Dacor does not want anything to do with DIY'ers. But an authorized repairman had immediate access to the parts. So moral of my story was instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, call a pro and get it done. The cost was very fair considering it's a $6,000 range. It was under $300, done. I might add that another repair guy said it could not be done, so keep looking. You will need to use a fairly good sized propane tank--backyard bottles won't feed 60,000 BTUs. If I were shopping, I would never buy Dacor. This range isn't nearly as good as the old Wolf cooktop I have in my summer home. But it sure is pretty!
Cookin' in AZ  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 11:07:05 AM(UTC)
Cookin' in AZ

In my previous post about finding an authorized repair person to convert my Dacor ERD36SCH range, I left out some additional info. After I had the conversion from natural gas to propane sorted out, I contacted my local propane supplier to set up my tank. They informed that THEY could have done the conversion! I don't know if everyone has a local propane company that is so helpful, but that may be another option to try. It's just a phone call and well worth a try. I hope no one else goes through the angst I did trying to get their range converted. As an addendum, the brand new Dacor microwave I inherited along with the range required a $400 repair before I could use it. The good news is, apparently, Dacor has worked out the bugs and the new panel will actually continue working for a while. I would not have bothered with fixing it, but it looks awesome installed with the wall oven and warming drawer. New slogan "Dacor: So Gorgeous, So Not Worth it!"
mjdavis  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 2:12:04 PM(UTC)
mjdavis

Originally Posted by: bonniepadgett Go to Quoted Post
I have a new in the box Dacor Duel Fuel Range that's designed for NG. We've built our house, and after discovering the astronomical prices for running gas from the road (it's a long driveway), we elected to put in a propane tank. Everything's installed, and we're trying to determine how to convert this range - ER36D-NG - to a propane burning unit. Is there any way to do this? Dacor says it's not designed for it... Any help would be much appreciated!

I went through a local appliance repair and they were able to obtain the necessary orifices for LP. The valve needs to be flipped and the orifices changed and your ready to fly.
#6 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 1:04:20 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Years later...but I’m faced with a similar task. Has anyone converted a Dacor RNRP30GSNG to LP? It seems like its just a few parts but they are super expensive...Would like to see if there is an easier way. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
#7 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2023 5:11:02 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a similar desire to convert my DACOR ERDE36SBK from NG to LP. This is a dual fuel oven/cooktop. I've found all sorts of answers online but would love some extra input. Thanks in advance. Scott

Edited by user Monday, November 27, 2023 5:11:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply