Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jab4972  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:34:31 PM(UTC)
jab4972

Groups: Registered

I recently replaced my dryer belt and then my dryer wouldnt heat up. Then I replaced the heating element and thermostat and it heated up a couple of times and now its back to not heating up again.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:04:53 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

The first thing I would do is check the power coming into the back of the dryer where the plug goes in. Also flip the breaker off and on a few times. Just because the dryer runs, does not mean all the power is coming to it. Voltage flows through the path of least resistance, and the motor has less resistance then the element. If the element, and the thermostat have been replaced, and the power is good, then it would most likely be the thermal fuse, that is mounted up top on the left hand side of where you replaced the heating element. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
GordonGee  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:01:57 PM(UTC)
GordonGee

Groups: Registered

How do you get to the heating element, and Thermal fuse. The sides and back are one piece screwed to the bottom.Power on both legs.
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:50:19 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Take the 2 screws that hold on the bottom panel, and then in the back on the bottom left hand side is the element assembly. Take the two 5/16th screws out on each side of the heater assembly, and check it out. Tom
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply